Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fast Car






You got a fast car
I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere

Any place is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we’ll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove







You got a fast car
I got a plan to get us out of here
been working at the convenience store
Managed to save just a little bit of money
Won’t have to drive too far
Just cross the border and into the city
You and I can both get jobs
finally see what it means to be living

You got a fast car
Is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
We leave tonight or live and die this way





So I remember when we were driving,driving in your car
speed so fast It felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder
And I,I had a feeling that I belonged
And I,I had a feeling I could be someone

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way

Tracy Chapman

No comments: