Monday, September 23, 2013

Maybe On Monday










Woke up on Monday and wrote you a love song, wrote you a love song


Well the pen stopped and the paper flew out the window


And the notes rang down the road









I dont know where theyll go get caught in the trees I suppose


Ripped apart by the birds and the winter winds whisper good bye to your love


Went out walking into the storm, into the storm










Followed what I thought was your voice but it was just the riverside


I dont know where theyll go but I cast the letters you wrote










Taken out by the current or sink to the bottom to say a little goodbye to your love


Skies dark and the wind blew the trees down


I watched as the world slipped away










Carved into the bark a final love song


Then I carried the words to the fire


Staring into the glow where the branches are burning low









Sparks shooting out like stars and in the morning say a little goodbye to your love

Ill carry this song with me everyday til I lie down by your side

Calexico

No comments: