Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lonely Universe










Your hands were cold
Your voice was shaking
One morning not too long ago.
And at the time I was only a child
About to lose my childlike mind.
The way you touched my hands like you never had before,







It wasn't you anymore.
I called for my brothers, I called for my sisters.
But there was nothing left for them to do.
And so I watched from far away as the ambulances came,
and started dressing for school.
Goodbye sweet mother earth.
Without you now I'm a lonely universe.
You won't always understand when you truly love someone
until after they've gone.






This time of year the nights fall longer.
So grow a spine or catch cold.
The winter months, they do make you feel stronger
But in the end, it's all getting old.
And you won't always be walking the safest street
But you can find your way home.
If you have imagined your way back
Then my dear, you're more than halfway there.
And you might only possess what you've carried on your back







But you've always been free. Now it's time to believe.
Time to give up that unforgiving act up altogether and
Start living out your oldest childhood dreams.
Well, losing your mind, it ain't half as bad as it seems.
And if you would take the risk, well it might be worth your time.
It's only your life. It's only going by.






Goodbye sweet mother earth
Without you now I'm a lonely universe.
You won't always understand when you truly love someone
until after they've gone.

Angel Olsen

No comments: