Sunday, June 14, 2015

Terms Of My Surrender




When the moon is rising
And the night is still 
Some of my delusions have the power to kill
Scared I'll get what I deserve
Or maybe scared I won't 









I'm sittin' in my garage
Starin' at my motorcycle
My heart is so heavy, like a stack of bibles
Swear I need you too much
Baby, I swear I don't 







Sometimes love can be so wrong
Like a fat man in a thong
It walks shamelessly away
I hold a sea shell to my ear
In winds of echoed dreams I hear
Reverberations of yesterday






I can be rough
Sometimes I can be tender
But I can't negotiate the terms of my surrender
I love you too much baby
Go on and have your way with me






 



Emperors and reigning Kings
Have showered you with golden rings
Now I stand with my heart in my hand
I know that I can't compete
With ruthless men in satin sheets
But I'm ready to meet your demands








Where's the glory in ashes and dust?
At the end of the story, there's just us
I love you too much baby to ever say goodbye

John Hiatt

No comments: