Sunday, January 17, 2016

Notes from Underground




Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn't calculate his happiness.”




Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human


The whole work of man really seems to consist in nothing but proving to himself every minute that he is a man and not a piano key.






I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.



I swear to you gentlemen, that to be overly conscious is a sickness, a real, thorough sickness.



To love is to suffer and there can be no love otherwise.



I am alone, I thought, and they are everybody.



Can a man of perception respect himself at all?

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

No comments: