Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Lover is Resurrection






“Very early in my life it was too late.”








“Suddenly, all at once, she knows, knows that he doesn't understand her, that he never will, that he lacks the power to understand such perverseness. And that he can never move fast enough to catch her.”






“It’s not that you have to achieve anything, it’s that you have to get away from where you are.”






“I know it's not clothes that make women beautiful or otherwise, nor beauty care, nor expensive creams, nor the distinction of costliness of their finery. I know the problem lies elsewhere. I don't know where. I only know it isn't where women think.”





“Because he doesn't know he carries within him a supreme elegance, I say it for him.”







“I can't really remember the days. The light of the sun blurred and annihilated all color. But the nights, I remember them...."





“I had the face of pleasure, and yet I had no knowledge of pleasure. There was no mistaking that face.”





“I’ve never written, though I thought I wrote, never loved, though I thought I loved, never done anything but wait outside the closed door.”

Marguerite Duras



No comments: