Sunday, October 23, 2016

The writings of MD





“As soon as we start putting our thoughts into words and sentences everything gets distorted, language is just no damn good—I use it because I have to, but I don’t put any trust in it. We never understand each other.”





“The creative act is not performed by the artist alone; the spectator brings the work in contact with the external world by deciphering and interpreting its inner qualifications and thus adds his contribution to the creative act.”





“Destruction is also creation.”




“I feel shame, not for the wrong things I have done, but for the right things that I have failed to do.”






“If a shadow is a two-dimensional projection of the three-dimensional world, then the three-dimensional world as we know it is the projection of the four-dimensional Universe. ”


 


“There is no solution because there is no problem.”





“I force myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste.”

Marcel Duchamp

No comments: